City Domination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Fnac : 2 Funko Pop achetées : le 3ème offert (large sélection de ...
Voir le deal

missions collect

4 posters

Go down

missions collect Empty missions collect

Post  DevilsNipple Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 16:33

When you have alot of missions set and they all finish, you can go onto your profile or click each sqaure to collect, this works fine some of the times, but other times they give you the reward but stay listed as the mission finished, if you try collecting again it will give you nothing in the reward but never goes away so you cant set another mission.

eventually it does go away but it takes some time.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

missions collect Empty Re: missions collect

Post  Al_Capone Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 16:57

This happens when you are full of a ressource, no ?
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 17:33

You know what. I never actually looked into that. Could be. IL see next time I'm full and get back to you
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  ScrobDobbins Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 19:36

Nicorr wrote:This happens when you are full of a ressource, no ?

No, it happens sort of sporadically. I think it may have something to do with not being fully connected to the server or something because when it happens, I just come back a bit later and it works fine. I haven't been able to pin down the exact conditions that make it happen yet, unfortunately.

I don't think it has anything to do with resources because it happens even when the mission only rewards points. Which by the way, this may be a separate issue or it may be intended, after one of the recent updates in the last few days, no missions are ever rewarding money or defenders anymore. The only prize I ever get is points - regardless of mission type. And I have tried almost all of them.
ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 20:55

I still get all the correct rewards but they just stick on collect once iv done it.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 15:29

I did get screen shots but figured there not needed. I found that the problem is one of 2 things.
1: it's connection issue(bit if lag)
2: your not in the area that the mission is in anymore.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deo Venator Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 23:38

The lingering mission bug always does this to me. When i have proper connection and in the same area
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Fri 11 Jul 2014 - 0:10

Yeh I just had it myself, all day today has been the same missions not going away after a collect. I think it's also if their servers are lagging abit.

They did say there's a bug fix coming out anytime now. A fix for this might be out soon. We shall see.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deo Venator Fri 11 Jul 2014 - 1:31

DevilsNipple wrote:Yeh I just had it myself, all day today has been the same missions not going away after a collect. I think it's also if their servers are lagging abit.

They did say there's a bug fix coming out anytime now. A fix for this might be out soon. We shall see.
That was a fix for the incorrect time on missions.So instead of it taking 6 hours to do 1 mission it takes MUCH shorter time. But this bug is keeping me from doing other missions so i can raise my properties worth.
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  ScrobDobbins Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 12:17

I'm pretty sure I just figured this one out.

When you are full on *any* resource (money or henchmen), then you cannot completely collect a mission - even if the reward for that mission doesn't give you any of that type of resource.

The mission also will not completely collect if it filled up a particular resource. For example, if I had $9,950 and a mission was going to reward me $100, it would instead reward me only $50 (which would fill me up to $10,000) and then the mission would not 'go away' because it still owes me $50. When I spend money and have the room, I can then collect the other $50 from that mission.

The only times the mission doesn't 'go away' after collecting it and the above two cases aren't true, collecting it a second time works. When this happens it comes up on the bottom of my screen and says "The reward for this mission has already been collected!". Once I get that message, I can then do other missions.

It was confusing for me at first too because it doesn't tell you why it's not letting you complete the mission, but make sure you aren't full on *any* resource and it should work fine. Since I realized this, I've been able to collect 100% of my missions.
ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 14:27

I also figured that the above works. Still on occasion I can't collect one or two mission which I think is definitely lag. But yeh, a good 95% works now when your not full. I had a level 5 mission give me $3500 ish and it was only one I couldn't collect until I used my money up for men then it worked.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  ScrobDobbins Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 15:57

DevilsNipple wrote:I also figured that the above works. Still on occasion I can't collect one or two mission which I think is definitely lag. But yeh, a good 95% works now when your not full. I had a level 5 mission give me $3500 ish and it was only one I couldn't collect until I used my money up for men then it worked.

Yeah if it fills up your money it won't let you collect it until you spend some, then when you collect it it will pay the rest of the money that you weren't able to hold the first time.

Now that we know all of this stuff, it's not really a big deal - but it takes a fair amount of time before you start to realize what is going on. Because if that mission type has never given henchmen in the past, you aren't expecting it to not work just because you are full of henchmen.

They should really add a message when it's intentionally failing to collect. Like "You cannot complete this mission because you already have the maximum amount of henchmen/money. Try again later when you aren't at the limit" and "You weren't able to collect all of the rewards for this mission because your money is now at the maximum allowed. Complete the mission again when you have spent some money and you will be paid the remaining amount" or something similar so people know why it failed.

In my opinion, nothing should ever fail silently. You should always try to let the end user know what is going on.
ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Al_Capone Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 11:26

Yup, we are going to add information to explain this system =)
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 14:11

I tell you. It's soo much easier now I know it haha. Like you said just needs a simple message.

Now my problem is getting rid of money and men in order to collect. My whole area is ours and mostly full on 200 men so it's hard to remove them Razz
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down