City Domination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diamonds Gang 'Rules of Engagement'?

2 posters

Go down

Diamonds Gang 'Rules of Engagement'? Empty Diamonds Gang 'Rules of Engagement'?

Post  ScrobDobbins Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 8:10

I'm curious as to the 'Rules of Engagement' for the Diamonds Gang.

I thought I had seen somewhere on this site that they didn't mess with territories that had over 40 guys, but apparently there is more to the story than that.

I have been keeping an eye on several properties today and they all started the day with around 75-80 defenders. Now they are down to 15-20 defenders. There have been no attacks by real players on any of those territories. I should also mention that they all 'happen' to be territories where the 'Diamonds Gang' players happen to 'live' (They idle there when they aren't out taking over vulnerable territory - they can almost always be found in these particular locations).

So it seems that they are programmed to just 'steal' guys off of particular pieces of land. After some thought, I decided I was OK with the bots, but that was based on the assumption that they had to play by the same rules as the rest of us. But if they are able to take 50-60 guys off of a piece of land - seemingly at random - then that sort of changes the equation.

So I'm asking for a bit of transparency here - exactly what are the conditions where the "Diamonds Gang" will take any action against a property - and how are they able to take so many defenders off of particular pieces of land?
ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Diamonds Gang 'Rules of Engagement'? Empty Re: Diamonds Gang 'Rules of Engagement'?

Post  Al_Capone Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 11:14

Hello!

I present to you a new feature, quite discreet as it began a few days ago already. We called it "The Police".

The idea

Improve BigD, so as to make the game a little more interesting for new players isolated.
This feature is very important for the success of the international launch (must play "take").

In practice

Whenever a new player begins areas Police are generated around it. The difference between areas BigD is that many gangs are represented (~ 7). Gangs have names pseudo-random as the.
These areas are worth more than the areas Capone (around $ 60 / h) and have a strong defense (around 60 HDM).

NPCs

NPCs are also displayed on the map. These will connect approximately one time per day to their own areas. They are alone in their gang. At their connections, if you ever recovered areas belonging to them, they will try to recover (with about 30 HDM). They do not, however, will try to enlarge their territory, they are "defensive".

If you ever manage to eradicate the card, then they will not come back. In areas becoming dense players, they disappear gradually.

interactions

You can racketeer as classical players.
Can not deal with them. Players and gangs Police do not appear in the Tops.

FAQ

What happens if a player enters an area already populated? If ever there are still areas in the vicinity Alcapone, gangs police go to get there. Otherwise, no gang police will be created.
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Diamonds Gang 'Rules of Engagement'? Empty Re: Diamonds Gang 'Rules of Engagement'?

Post  ScrobDobbins Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 11:57

Ahh! OK I can deal with that. I had thought I had noticed it for a couple of days or so, but it took me a little while to realize the common link - that it was territory that the NPC considered 'home' (or at least territory that it spent a lot of time in) Razz

One thing that I'm not really clear on is when you say that "If you ever manage to eradicate the card, then they will not come back.". I assume this means I need to completely take over that gang's turf in that area. Is that just that one particular group of connected land or is it all the land that gang owns in the city?

Other than that, I think I understand. They aren't 'stealing' my guys - they are just attacking with ~30 guys and losing, which kills off part of my defenders. And if I don't get back there before they attack again to place more defenders then they will re-take the territory? If so, that's absolutely fine with me since it actually better simulates what a real player would do. And it keeps me on my toes - I can't just take over a square and know it's safe because I have 50 guys on it.

Thanks for the detailed response!
ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Al_Capone Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 12:40

Just the particular group to eradicate the guy.

They will sometimes attack your land several times to try to get it back (as a normal player would do)
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down