City Domination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où ...
Voir le deal

Bin/remove

+3
Bill The Butcher
Mosley
DevilsNipple
7 posters

Go down

Bin/remove Empty Bin/remove

Post  DevilsNipple Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 4:11

Now I know this is gonna sound stupid and many people may object but hear me out.

There should be a way to bin/dump men away. Basically fire them from the job. Be rid of them.
My basic thought on this is that there are occasions where a mission is completed and I want to collect it and start the next mission but I can't because my men or money is full (and it stops missions from going away). So I could just fire some or all of my men and then collect the mission.

I know people will say just put them in defence don't waste them. But what if like me everything around you is maxed out. Then why not take a stroll and defend or attack another area? Well what if your playing in bed or having a lazy day at home, or working in the same area for a long time! The only possible solution then is to wait till you can use them and that could be too late and the mission could have decreased rewards to nothing.

I'm sure some of you will see my point. Would be nice to have the option even if many players wouldn't use it. At least it will be there.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Bin/remove Empty Re: Bin/remove

Post  Mosley Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 12:50

Agreed
Mosley
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill The Butcher Fri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:54

if im correct the reason for missions is to have something to do while you at home.

Dumping men to continue missions is one idea

another is to simply lose rewards if maxed out (this idea sucks)

but I think what would be nice is to allow men (but not $) to go over the cap. Just like when you get a new sponsor.

if maxed out on money you would just lose the money part of the reward.

I would be willing to lose one to gain the other.... after all men is the goal since all we can do with cash is buy more men

Now before you go and say "too many people will get stacked on henchmen"

let me explain why this would not happen

im currently a hitman and I just collected on a few #3 missions and all I received was 1-3 henchmen....

I know you get more on the #5 missions but those take 50-75 hours to complete. So its not like im going to be raking in the henchmen all day long....

Your thoughts?
Bill The Butcher
Bill The Butcher
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Wed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:23

i think its good how it is, i wouldnt like to loose my missions if full atall. (unless time has ran out ofcourse).

This feature or something like it NEEDS to be out soon. me and my gang in loughborough are struggling to get missions done, we have noone attacking us, and no enemy lands within walking distance of us anymore. Literally the ONLY thing left to do in this game for my gang here is missions, thats the only thing keeping us all playing (well the majority of us, the others have already left the game).

If we dont have some way of removing money and men (without benefit, just removing them), then i fear me and my top 2 players will also stray from the game, im still enjoying missions and look forward to claiming more land when i travel, but when like us every area within walking distance is taken by us AND maxed out on men, we just cant do/complete missions anymore and the games getting boring because of it.

im loving the game and dont want to get bored of it, this feature will drastically change how me and alot of others play.

If you dont understand why i say we cannot do anything, just go onto the city domination google + page and my deputy Electronic wall has posted a screenshot of our area. i think it might be the biggest area in the whole game like that, (without trying to be big headed, our points arent the best but are land i havent seen anyone with even half of what we have all together).
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Al_Capone Wed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:33

How don't understand how removing men will put more gameplay
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Wed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:38

In other words. If we cannot remove men and money. Then our gang will have nothing to do here any more. All of us can no longer do mission as of today. And therefore there is nothing to do in the game anymore without walking an hour out of our town.

Without this we see no point in playing. It's this or some other way for areas to loose men other than players which dont pose a problem for us.

If not what exactly can we do?
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Al_Capone Wed 23 Jul 2014 - 18:00

I don't know. We'll have to work on that point. I would suggest to split your group in half and play with each other in the meantime
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RexButtercup Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 1:59

One thing that could fix this easily would be allow you to exceed the max for income or henchmen if you are collecting from missions, the same way my henchmen limit can be exceeded if my henchmen are maxed out and I get a sponsor bonus. This would be nice because every 8 hours or so you could maybe bank a little extra henchmen or money.

As much as I like this idea, I don't think it will solve your problem, DevilsNipple. I mean, if you're at the point where you can't use money or henchmen anywhere, you need to get out and around more. If you can't get out and around more, the game just probably isn't suited for you, and trying to add unnecessary features to a game so that you can accumulate resources that you don't know how to use really doesn't serve much of a purpose.

I actually agree with Nicorr that your best possible solution is to break your group up, so that there is actually competition in your area. Competition is what drives the values of land up, so if you have two or three gangs that are active in your area, the actual battles between those gangs would help each gang bring in more money. Otherwise you're stuck waiting for people to join the game and invade your territory while you lose value every night.
RexButtercup
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 10:25

I don't agree with exceeding men and money. I'd be a millionaire in both if that were to happen.

As for the idea. I have no reason to believe that removal of men or money can do anything but help in this game. I honestly don't see any downsides to it and its not hard to implement. If we had some other way of men to be decreased then this idea wouldn't be needed. But for now it would help many players.

Players who don't have anyone playing near them, even bots would also not just leave the game with this feature as they could at least still do missions to lvl player. Iv had 2 people join my gang just to say "il join so you get my points then I'm leaving the game". When I ask them why it's because there alone and now cannot even do is signs so they got bored.

Currently I'm playing the game for the soul purpose of leveling up my player. So doing missions is all I want. I will attack others when I can. But without missions it's just a waiting game.

I want to know people's reasoning (mainly yours nicorr) as to why you don't like this idea. What could it possibly do to mfaulr the game?
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  jackleg Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 11:18

SCIOTS wrote:One thing that could fix this easily would be allow you to exceed the max for income or henchmen if you are collecting from missions, the same way my henchmen limit can be exceeded if my henchmen are maxed out and I get a sponsor bonus. This would be nice because every 8 hours or so you could maybe bank a little extra henchmen or money.

As much as I like this idea, I don't think it will solve your problem, DevilsNipple. I mean, if you're at the point where you can't use money or henchmen anywhere, you need to get out and around more. If you can't get out and around more, the game just probably isn't suited for you, and trying to add unnecessary features to a game so that you can accumulate resources that you don't know how to use really doesn't serve much of a purpose.

I actually agree with Nicorr that your best possible solution is to break your group up, so that there is actually competition in your area. Competition is what drives the values of land up, so if you have two or three gangs that are active in your area, the actual battles between those gangs would help each gang bring in more money.  Otherwise you're stuck waiting for people to join the game and invade your territory while you lose value every night.

That's the crazy part. Almost 300,000 people in this town, and the only ones who play are me and my friends. It looks like there were maybe 5 other people who tried it out, because we've taken over their HQs and nothing ever came back.

It's still fun playing as a team, and having the bots to deal with... but I'd love to see people playing it here like they do in France.
jackleg
jackleg
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Al_Capone Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 11:45

I honestly don't see any downsides to it and its not hard to implement.

Downsides :
- It take time to develop
- It adds a buttons to explain to the players
- It induces confusion, because the feature would be useless the majority of the time
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 11:59

I have seen how fast you develop so this would be child's play.

You don't really need an explanation for a remove button.

It's not going to be in your fave all the time. Plus I bet about half the player in the UK would use this function since there's not much gang on gang action happening.

DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Al_Capone Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 16:09

I think that we should find a solution yo your problem. But they must be some better ways
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Thu 24 Jul 2014 - 16:18

i honestly think the best solution would be a previous idea i have given, just like the income decreasing players on areas should also decrease. players would have to keep them maintained all the same but would fix this problem aswell as the problem where players dont play but keep areas.

whatever you think of and do, hopefully its a good long term fix and hopefully its soon.

We did your idea of splitting our gang up. issue is now tht the members that have left me to make the new gang cannot do anything because of how high my areas are with men, they need to wait half a day just to have the double 120 men to take 1 area. 2 areas a day is gonna be a hell of a long time before we can actually start fighting again.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Gambenie Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 9:26

I have The Same Problem... My phone Service is currently off so I was on Wifi at My Cousin's House. I maxed out & conquered everything in My range & then some. So all that was left to do is Missions. Once I've reached capacity for both Henchmen & Money, it Goes to waste because I can't use either one.

I can't leave My Location to take More Squares or Defend more Squares because I, need an internet connection. To play the Game.

I fell 20 ranks below what I had to begin with Because of this.

Please fix it somehow.
Tony Gambenie
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Al_Capone Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 15:15

The new HQ system will give you some objectives : Your goal will be to transform as many area as possible to HQs and fill them up
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RexButtercup Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 17:53

I am excited to hear about the new HQ system but these players are complaining that they can't just stay in one place and play every day - that is specifically not the point of this game. I feel for you Tony, your phone is off, but that doesn't mean the developers need to fix it to where you can sit and home and keep climbing the ranks.

The point of missions not cashing in when you have a full resource is that you have to go out and use those resources. It is designed with a purpose. I'm out every day driving all over the place trying to capture spots, and I absolutely never need an option to dump men or money.

I'm curious DevilsNipple - how large of an area do you have so locked down that you can't do anymore?
RexButtercup
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:44

"These players"

No your wrong. Just him.I don't want to sit around. I go everywhere. My problem is that everywhere is already taken by us and maxed out. There is only very few areas on Loughborough border that we don't have, and I don't quite fancy walking 40 mins away to remove resources only to get about 3 lvl 5 missions then doing another 40 min walk for another 3. Its impossible.

Currently my team split in Loughborough and they manage to help remove about half of 1 of my areas so I can add men and collect missions. But I'm currently only able to collect about 5 a day and have about 50 going on. So I'm loosing out on a lot of points everyday.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  RexButtercup Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:59

Right, but you are also out covering much less ground than other players. I understand that you want to play more, and I hope they do something to help facilitate that for you, but there are people driving all over the US racking up points, so you can't expect to be a top player if you're just walking around. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's just the nature of this game. It's not going to be as exciting for someone who is in a small town with not many people around them playing as it will be in a large city with several players.

Once your former team members have chipped away at your defenseman, my suggestion is just to play against everyone instead of trying to have a gang. Competition in your area is the best part about this game and you need it in order to drive up values and also use your resources.

To me, I just do not support the idea of milking missions for player points. The missions are designed to be something to fill your time when you're stopped, but if you aren't going out and using resources, you shouldn't be able to collect the missions. Just my opinion.
RexButtercup
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 23:18

im not wanting to just "milk" points. I dont have a car nor can i drive anyway, my only means of getting anywhere is walking, and since everywhere within a 40 min walk around my house and work is all ours i cannot do anything. I probably have way more area than people in the big cities so you cant say they cover more ground, they just have more players against them. if you locate me on ingame map you can see just what i mean, i have yet to see anyone in any area or country that has as much as we do in this one town, the only 3 actual players have all given up because of it too. and the rest are bots that dont cause a threat unless you have 40 or less men. considering we are 2nd in the uk and top in 3 other areas there is no way in hell we can be seen as being lazy in any way or staying in one area.

I walk everyday 30 mins away to work and back, sometimes 4 times a day, i also do missions everywhere that i go, and top up any low players. we have the entirety of my town so thats where the issue lies. we like where our rank is in the game and dont want to all split up because of the issue in this one town, there are still a good 6 of my members that are not having my issue but my other 7 players do have it. 3 of my top players from loughborough have created their own gang as rivals to us but its taking them a hell of a long time due to little to no income and having to take out areas with 200 men on each which is extremely hard when your only getting about 15 men per hour.

All that we ask for is for some way that men on an area can go down other than just other players attacking them. the player that dont have anyone in their area, even no bots to play against would also benefit from men decay, when all your left with is missions to do then you still want to be playing, but it cant be done if your not able to loose men. Pretty much any games that include territories of such have a decay on them so that players need to maintain them, while the cash decay was/is a great idea it only solves the issue of afk players keeping their points, but men decay would solve the issue of afk and lazy players keeping areas that are miles away from them that they just got on passing by.

My example of this would be the "super pool of lions" gang, there very active in france, but in the uk the only player(s) in that gang dont play, and yet there still way up in the ranks, why should a gang that doesnt play anymore still have the chance at being high in ranks. you say you dislike the idea of "milking" areas for points, but in my eyes keeping areas forever once you get them (if noone else attacks) is just the same as milking points.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill The Butcher Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 0:48

Nicorr, why not let the bots attack all areas regardless of defense?
Bill The Butcher
Bill The Butcher
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 1:07

Didn't realise how long my post was till looking now Lol.

And the bots idea would only work for areas with bots. 2 of my gang members have stopped playing due to there being noone, not even bots to play against.

It would still be better if they did though.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  RexButtercup Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 3:40

I've checked out your town DN, and I respect what you've done - it looks a lot like what I've done in Dallas, TX (you should check us out, I think you'll notice the similarity - check out the area around I-30 and US-75) I hope you find a way to enjoy the game more with your situation. One thing that I can think of that may help is what if somehow all chiefs and deputies can add henchmen to any HQ regardless of where they are located. That way you could maybe recruit someone in another town, make them deputy, have them set up HQs in THEIR town, and then you or any of your other deputies could dump your excess men into the out of town HQ any time you'd like. I know this is a location based gang, but I think this is an easy sell to players - "Chiefs and Deputies can now add henchmen to any HQ from any location!" - thoughts?

PS - if they do adopt this idea, let me be the first to say that I would gladly invite you all to join SCIOTS - because I would be happy to get some extra henchmen on my HQs!
RexButtercup
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  RexButtercup Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 3:55

WAIT - I actually came up with a better idea. Holy crap!

So - as it stands, business missions increase the value of properties - what if one of the other types of missions (like respect, maybe?) increased the maximum number of men allowed on a square? Here are a few reasons I like this idea:

As it stands, it's hardly worth doing the missions that award henchmen because you don't really get many for the amount of time it takes for the mission to complete. So instead of you getting 1-2 henchmen for completing the mission, your max is increased by one or two for that square. That way it is a slow build, but if you play for a long time, it could really pay off!

Also - this would allow players a choice of what they want to improve on a square. Do you want to increase the defense or the income? If you've hit max income, and you're not too concerned with the money, why not focus on strengthening your defensive capabilities?

Lastly - it seems like a very easy concept to apply, and does not require much explaining and does not violate the geolocation intentions.
RexButtercup
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Al_Capone Tue 29 Jul 2014 - 9:52

The building system will have exactly this effect SCIOTS. We'll have to wait for a few months though.

But we might find something for people that are alone. The problem is : it's hard to find a nice system without breaking the geolocation principle...
Al_Capone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down