City Domination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere.

4 posters

Go down

Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere. Empty Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere.

Post  filonas Sun 27 Jul 2014 - 4:48

Hello dear players,
I just experienced something strange and disturbing.
I am so addicted to this game. Basically I check in almost once every hour.
Then suddenly more than 40 bases/tiles/squares were captured by two gangs with a very similar name (For security reason i don't want to give the names but if i could give an example it would be something like: killerli and killereli). Now I rationally thought they were two brothers and played together.
I would then start to think of a new deffense system to apply since i was no longer by my self i that rather small city. What stroke my mind was the speed of their expansion. It was irrational. 40 bases taken by 2 players in less than an hour or two. Their points are over 3000.
I continued not paying much attention to them since they would attack nor influence my gameplay.
I convinced my brother to join after a while we got quite big. When again other players with simillar names appeared. And sourrounded our city with more than 40 bases.. I live in greece the names don't sound greek, since I live next to the sea some of the bases are way out offshore and strangest of all is that their player dots teleport form one place to an other in just a few seconds.
Now it starts to make me wonder if there are bots or some sort of cheaters that use some way to teleport, spawn money/henchmen and other resources... in the game.
Sorry for making this thread long but i felt like i had to report this. Thank you for reading until the end! If you did of course!
filonas
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere. Empty Re: Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere.

Post  RexButtercup Sun 27 Jul 2014 - 18:27

These are bot gangs designed to add gameplay value in areas with very few real life players. Not a bug. They pop up when a new player starts out in an area with no other real players. At first it may be frustrating, but they operate under certain rules which you can actually use to your advantage.

They will not take over a square that has more than 40 or more people on it in defense. So if you really want to lock down a valuable spot, put 40+ henchmen on it in defense. This is great for carving out your territory. However, if you want to simulate having real players in your area, and want to drive up the value, put less on it, and battle with them back and forth until you get it to a value you like.

They are also mostly defensive once their territory in an area is decided. So if you take one of their tiles, they will try to take it back (unless it has 40+ defense men on it) but they will not go after your squares if you took it over from Capone or from a different gang, real or otherwise.

Hope that helps.

SCIOTS [214]
http://www.reddit.com/r/CityDomination
RexButtercup
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere. Empty Re: Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere.

Post  DevilsNipple Sun 27 Jul 2014 - 18:47

SCIOTS wrote:These are bot gangs designed to add gameplay value in areas with very few real life players. Not a bug. They pop up when a new player starts out in an area with no other real players. At first it may be frustrating, but they operate under certain rules which you can actually use to your advantage.

I agree with everything you said other than this quote. While the quote is true there are other possibilities. i have never seen bots take 40 areas in an our or 2, they usually stick to around 15-20 areas in any one area. Also they dont start on every new player, they tend to be around areas with few players, but annoyingly and unfortunately not in areas there more needed when there is only 1 player alone.

These could also be players that are hacking, there is always a way around using mock locations to be anywhere you want, there are gold, money and men hacks for idiots that cant play and waste money buying the hacks (unless they created them... unlikely).

Although what i have said contradicts some of SCIOTS points, they are still all true what he said, i just wanted to point a few more things out is all. I wouldn't worry unless you know their taking spots super fast and areas that have over 40 in defense, only then they might actually be hackers.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  RexButtercup Sun 27 Jul 2014 - 18:57

I think he means that several new gangs, some with similar gang names (i know there was a killercirc and I think killeric in my area when I first started) took over 40 or so squares. Not that one of them individually took over that many. If you were not the first active player in your area, you probably have not ever seen this, or it's possible if you were that they just operated differently for you, but for me, I was the first person playing in my area, and the bot gangs easily filled up more than 40 areas within the first day or so.

Devils is right that unfortunately sometimes they do not fill up enough, but I think as time goes on, if the game sees one area with only one active gang and the rest is Capone, you will eventually be found out by a bot gang. Especially if you leave them weakly defended.

Easiest was to tell is to click on one of their squares, tap the gang name at the bottom of the screen - bot gangs will have one member, tap the members name and they will have no badges. Only real players acquire badges.
RexButtercup
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere. Empty Thank you.

Post  filonas Sun 27 Jul 2014 - 19:36

I inderstand now. Thank you very much. You guys seem to be very active members of the forum. Newbies like us really need you guys! By the way I like your name devil!  Wink 
filonas
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  RexButtercup Sun 27 Jul 2014 - 22:59

No prob filonas - you'll definitely find out that there are quite a few active players who are very helpful. You can always ask for help here, on the reddit page, or even in the game's chat function. I'm not sure which chat it puts you in by default, but you can visit US chat by typing \us in your chat room. Stop by and say hello some time!

SCIOTS [214]
http://www.reddit.com/r/CityDomination
RexButtercup
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere. Empty Chat channels.

Post  filonas Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 2:32

What do i type to return to my chat channel? Just the / and my countrie's code?
filonas
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Devastator Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 5:59

filonas wrote:
What do i type to return to my chat channel? Just the / and my countrie's code?
\us - USA
\fr - France
\br - Brazil
\ch - China
\ca - Canada
\ru - Russia
\mx - Mexico
\au - Australia
\gb - Great Britain
\nz - New Zealand
\ja - Jamaica
\at - Antarctica
\?? - ??
\$$ - Profit
Devastator

Back to top Go down

Random Coloured Tiles appear out of nowhere. Empty Thanks.

Post  filonas Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 15:19

Allright thanks.
filonas
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum