City Domination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<<

+4
Bill The Butcher
TehG00SE
DevilsNipple
OncleSam
8 posters

Go down

Do you think we should switch our “Frenglish” Facebook page into an English Facebook page?

>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<< Vote_lcap64%>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<< Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 7 ]
>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<< Vote_lcap18%>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<< Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<< Vote_lcap18%>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<< Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<< Empty >>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<<

Post  OncleSam Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 16:54

Hi everybody!

We are working hard every day to attract people from all worldwide.
For instance, just few months ago, City Domination was only available in French, and right now, you can have it in 13 languages.

However, players who are not French speaking don’t participate to the community as we would like. We are thinking about this problem and we believe that it comes from our Facebook page which is both in French and English. Maybe French dominates too much and we should switch into a 100% English Facebook page.

Of course, we would answer to your comments in English, and in French for French speaking players.

We would like to have your opinion about that, so please take 5s to answer to the poll ^^

Last edited by OncleSam on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 12:54; edited 2 times in total
OncleSam
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<< Empty Re: >>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<<

Post  DevilsNipple Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:05

How about having a separate page for English. I wouldn't want us English to be kicking out the main and starter French population.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

>>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<< Empty Re: >>>>>>> Changing the Facebook page language <<<<<<<

Post  TehG00SE Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:29

Id love to be able to read it in english, but I think the real issue is your community staff does not seem to use facebook as the game suggest. It says to view facebook when the game is down, but there's no updates, most of my game related issue information I find out about from top ranked people who PM the Devs, and post responses in the chat.

If the game is down, or missions are down, or something along those lines, in order to see whats going on, you have to talk to a dev.. if the game is small enough for the devs to accept this and every PM they get, than more power to you, but seems like you should have news updates and issues acknowledgements on the facebook, and people would gladly check it more often. If there's information worth reading, people will translate it, doesn't matter what language its posted in, even cellphone browsers have a translate button.
TehG00SE

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:31

^ +1
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill The Butcher Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 7:03

DevilsNipple wrote:How about having a separate page for English. I wouldn't want us English to be kicking out the main and starter French population.  

I agree
Bill The Butcher
Bill The Butcher
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  OncleSam Tue 16 Sep 2014 - 10:49

@DevilsNipple
@Bill The Butcher

First, having 2 separate pages means a double work charge. ==> it's not possible at the moment.

Secondly, you are players. That's true, your are not the first players, but you still get involved and so, your opinion means the same to us than french players's. Don't be affraid, nobody are going to kick you out, you just give your opinions and we choose : if they have to blame somebody, french players are going to blame us, not you lol Wink

@TehG00SE
@DevilsNipple

We are fully aware that we can make mistakes in our communication and that maybe we don't use our facebook page at 100% of its possibilities, but that is not the question now Wink
But, if you want to speak about it, no problem, make a topic and we'll speak ^^
OncleSam
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Tue 16 Sep 2014 - 11:03

With that retrospect I will agree. The page may draw more attention if it was in English.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn Wed 17 Sep 2014 - 0:11

I agree that the page should be for both French and English. But I don't think segregating communities would bring people together..
Saturn
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimitri Valjean Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 0:45

Both or English, it is very hard to tell friends about the game and we all know how many people quickly drop out.
Dimitri Valjean
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoky Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 9:24

Bonjour à tous,
Je suis nouveau sur le jeu et donc sur le forum, mais je tiens tout de même à donner mon avis sur cette question.

je suis d'accord pour une modification de la page facebook en anglais car je peux comprendre et écrire. Mais il faut comprendre que vous risquez de perdre une partie de la communauté française qui ne sait pas parler anglais ... Le mieux serait peut être de différencier les deux page (une française et une internationale).

Cordialement, Smoky
------------------------------------------

Hi Everybody,

I am new on this forum but I wanna express my opinion.

I'm agree for the modification of the Facebook page in English because I'm able to understanding it. But it's necessary to know that, you risk to lose a part of the French community which can't speak or understand English speakin'... It would be preferable to differentiate both pages (a French facebook page and an international facebook page).

Best regards, Smoky
Smoky
New gangster
New gangster

http://ib-stmax.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  DonJerune Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 13:41

I think you guys should start with translating the game correctly for all languages, this is not the case yet...Facebook is less important i think.
DonJerune
DonJerune
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down