City Domination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

Money and Henchmen Meter

+4
Bill The Butcher
Saturn
JJHunter
Deo Venator
8 posters

Go down

Money and Henchmen Meter Empty Money and Henchmen Meter

Post  Deo Venator Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 1:33

Don't you just hate when your money meter gets full at night but you're sleep so you can't buy henchmen?
Well I do and i've thought of a solution. We could have an Automatic mode for when the money meter is full it purchases the henchmen for you. This mode can be placed under the "Filters" menu or under the settings menu. And upon activating the Automatic Henchmen Exchange mode a dialogue box pops up to be sure you want to activate it.

I believe this could make things simpler, just imagine you wake up and you have a full henchmen meter and money meter. All you'd have to do is go out and conquer.
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Money and Henchmen Meter Empty Re: Money and Henchmen Meter

Post  JJHunter Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 3:26

I feel this is a bad idea... Otherwise why have money? I see why it would be useful... It would also stop some people from buying the money packs... That increase it be 2k...eventually you can buy enough of those to make it through a full night.
8hrs x 3k$ = 24 so yes... It will cost you a pretty dime.... But it's possible.
JJHunter
JJHunter
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deo Venator Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 4:08

JJHunter wrote:I feel this is a bad idea... Otherwise why have money? I see why it would be useful... It would also stop some people from buying the money packs... That increase it be 2k...eventually you can buy enough of those to make it through a full night.
I don't know if you over thought my idea or what. But this would absolutely not stop the purchasing of money packs. All I am suggesting is an Automatic system that purchases your Henchmen for you once your money meter gets full. But explain your response please.
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  JJHunter Mon 15 Sep 2014 - 20:28

Well right now it's you have to log on to buy men. It keeps you coming back. That's what every game wants people constantly coming back.

The packs and money thing was cause you said it was over sleep.
JJHunter
JJHunter
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn Tue 16 Sep 2014 - 5:34

JJHunter wrote:I feel this is a bad idea... Otherwise why have money? I see why it would be useful... It would also stop some people from buying the money packs... That increase it be 2k...eventually you can buy enough of those to make it through a full night.

The upgrades don't go that high
Saturn
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deo Venator Tue 16 Sep 2014 - 7:11

JJHunter wrote:Well right now it's you have to log on to buy men. It keeps you coming back. That's what every game wants people constantly coming back.

The packs and money thing was cause you said it was over sleep.
We'll always stay coming back, its the competition that brings em back for more. But just think when you come back youll be all prepared to do raids
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn Wed 17 Sep 2014 - 0:22

Right now money seems to be redundant. Instead maybe devs should include a building, that distributes the henchmen you put in it. Distributes to the nearest tile that's not full
Saturn
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deo Venator Wed 17 Sep 2014 - 4:17

Saturn wrote:Right now money seems to be redundant. Instead maybe devs should include a building, that distributes the henchmen you put in it. Distributes to the nearest tile that's not full
Lol it's nothing wrong with money being redundant. But if it distributed henchmen to the nearest property without, they would basically be doing your job for you and you'd never have to really get on the game except to buy more henchmen or refill your money.
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill The Butcher Wed 17 Sep 2014 - 8:49

I feel that this idea takes some of the strategy out of the game.
Bill The Butcher
Bill The Butcher
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deo Venator Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 0:56

Bill The Butcher wrote:I feel that this idea takes some of the strategy out of the game.
Bill, it's not an absolute to needing or using it.You can turn it off in the settings if you dont want to use it.
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  JJHunter Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 3:41

No one will turn it off.... That's what he's saying... No point in having money anymore then... Might as well just have 200 henchmen...

Bills absolutely right. Takes some of the strategy and skill to the game.
JJHunter
JJHunter
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deo Venator Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 6:49

JJHunter wrote:No one will turn it off.... That's what he's saying... No point in having money anymore then... Might as well just have 200 henchmen...

Bills absolutely right. Takes some of the strategy and skill to the game.
But you just said you wouldn't use it, so that means you would turn it off and Bill, i know he's a man of many techniques. He won't have no use for it. But i know there are plenty of other people on the game that doesn't have a forum account that would love to use this method.
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  ScrobDobbins Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 8:11

Deo Venator wrote:But you just said you wouldn't use it, so that means you would turn it off and Bill, i know he's a man of many techniques. He won't have no use for it. But i know there are plenty of other people on the game that doesn't have a forum account that would love to use this method.

I think Bill's point is that it completely changes the nature of the game. This is a location-based game - meaning that in order to defend a property you have to physically travel there and place defenders. Something like this suggestion would take that aspect of the game away. You could just sit in one spot and eventually all of your tiles - no matter how far away or how often you visit them would be full of defenders.

To me, that goes against the core principle of the game and would drastically change the strategy involved. Right now, if you take a large section of turf that you can't defend you have to either return to it several times to place new defenders or risk it being taken over by enemy gangs. The whole idea of 'controlling' a piece of land is that you are physically there in the real world. It *SHOULD* be harder to control land that you don't visit often - that's the whole idea of the game. Automating that process would remove the very mechanic (geolocation) that makes this game so fun and unique.
ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deo Venator Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 8:16

ScrobDobbins wrote:
Deo Venator wrote:But you just said you wouldn't use it, so that means you would turn it off and Bill, i know he's a man of many techniques. He won't have no use for it. But i know there are plenty of other people on the game that doesn't have a forum account that would love to use this method.

I think Bill's point is that it completely changes the nature of the game.  This is a location-based game - meaning that in order to defend a property you have to physically travel there and place defenders.  Something like this suggestion would take that aspect of the game away.  You could just sit in one spot and eventually all of your tiles - no matter how far away or how often you visit them would be full of defenders.

To me, that goes against the core principle of the game and would drastically change the strategy involved.  Right now, if you take a large section of turf that you can't defend you have to either return to it several times to place new defenders or risk it being taken over by enemy gangs.  The whole idea of 'controlling' a piece of land is that you are physically there in the real world.  It *SHOULD* be harder to control land that you don't visit often - that's the whole idea of the game.  Automating that process would remove the very mechanic (geolocation) that makes this game so fun and unique.
I'm not talking about on my properties. I'm talking about the meters for money and henchmen. Like an automatic refill for when your money meter get's full, it will automatically purchase your henchmen while you are inactive on the game.
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  JJHunter Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 21:47

I think what your not understanding is the point... That you'd have to be an idiot not to use it.... And that's the point that everyone would use it and it's taking something that requires a bit of skill.

Yes we wouldn't have to use it and could use our skill... But then everyone who doesn't have that skill has the same playing field.... It takes away a currentaspect of the game. Completely changing it...

And I would stop ppl checking in on the game slightly as they wouldn't need to log on to buy those troops at home, before they leave to go out ext ext.
JJHunter
JJHunter
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deo Venator Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 1:34

That would not be completely changing it. As most people are busy living their life, they dont always have time to check in on the game constantly to see if their money or henchmen are full. You'd just be cutting one small thing out the game, it's not like it's playing the entire game for you. And there is no skill in purchasing henchmen we do it ALL the same to accommodate our needs.
Deo Venator
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  JJHunter Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 21:47

You have to think about when you buy them. Before bed. Before work.... When you should use it. How long it'll take to fill.

I think it's taking something that's not issue. It's something that's been around. Like you said it takes no skill. The dedicated people remember when it is and use the most of their men. The people who can't seem to remember don't. And that's it. Yes you lose some at sleep... Oh well.
JJHunter
JJHunter
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  RexButtercup Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 15:58

This topic should be put to bed. There is no reason to have henchmen automatically purchased. This is an intentional game mechanic, and it does not need to be changed. It would only benefit lazy players, as any regular player should have figured out how/when to buy their men to maximize their efforts.
RexButtercup
RexButtercup
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  JJHunter Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 16:58

Lol exactly.
JJHunter
JJHunter
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Gambenie Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:19

This is a Great Idea. It's sad that everyone is really Overthinking a simple suggestion. I can see how this feature could be helpful. As soon as I wake up I have full money but no henchmen. So if this feature was implemented when You wake up You could have full henchmen (Because of the "Auto Buy Henchmen" button) as well as max money. All this does is gives the gamer a little more to play with. It's not cheating, it doesn't have anything to do with taking away the "Strategy" from the game or anything. How does buying henchmen in any way "Strategic"? It's only a simple purchase. Overall Great Idea.
Tony Gambenie
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ketchmi Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 7:07

RexButtercup wrote:This topic should be put to bed. There is no reason to have henchmen automatically purchased. This is an intentional game mechanic, and it does not need to be changed. It would only benefit lazy players, as any regular player should have figured out how/when to buy their men to maximize their efforts.

exactly!

why not let henchman put in ur Areas when u reach max henchman?

why not let attack other Areas when all ares at 200 max henchman?

why not let collect ur missions when they finish?

all stupid, cause as Rex said, it is a game mechanic.

In games like this you get an Advantage for being active, not for having automatics.
Ketchmi
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down