City Domination
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Land ownership

3 posters

Go down

Land ownership Empty Land ownership

Post  Saturn Mon 8 Sep 2014 - 23:56

developers should make each person's land separate from every other person. But when they join a gang, instead of giving up the land, their land should just be "allied" with the gang and count towards the gang score. But when they leave, the alignment is cancelled and the land returns back to the player.
Saturn
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Land ownership Empty Re: Land ownership

Post  ScrobDobbins Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 0:29

Hmm.. I could probably go either way on this one. I like that it prevents land stealing by gangs and stops people from leaving a gang to attack their own territories to increase the value, but I also sort of feel like you should have some commitment to a gang when you join.

It does kind of make sense though that the henchmans I place on a square would be loyal to ME, and not the gang leader that could be a thousand miles away, if there was some reason I left.
ScrobDobbins
Gangster
Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 1:18

I already wrote on the post that made you put this suggestion but il repeat fir here.

I disagree as a player should acknowledge his land will merge when joining a gang.

However this could work as a new ally idea. You could still have allies but add a new group called "partners". These will add to the gangs overall score but unlike joining will keep their own land. This could be with single players or other gangs. They will be a more dense version of allies.

This way it's a win win as a lot of the time gangs want to merge without loosing their own emblem and name. But you could still join freely if you like.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 2:40

DevilsNipple wrote:I already wrote on the post that made you put this suggestion but il repeat fir here.

I disagree as a player should acknowledge his land will merge when joining a gang.

However this could work as a new ally idea. You could still have allies but add a new group called "partners". These will add to the gangs overall score but unlike joining will keep their own land. This could be with single players or other gangs. They will be a more dense version of allies.

This way it's a win win as a lot of the time gangs want to merge without loosing their own emblem and name. But you could still join freely if you like.

So what happens when the gang leader turns out to be a douchebag and you don't want to be a part of it? That shouldn't be such a huge commitment, but there should be some kind of penalty for switching gangs too often or at all.
For example everytime you leave a gang, 10% of your points or territories are left behind to the gang. Or at least the headquarters you've contributed get left behind.
Saturn
New gangster
New gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilsNipple Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 9:38

Honestly I think if you join a gang then you should be committed. Everything should stay as it is.

But if your read my partner idea it is exactly what your wanting. Why change how something works if it works well as is. The addition if a partners group could give chiefs a decision. Make them join or allow the merging of only points that could vanish at any time.

There is already a punishment for leaving gangs and that is loss if all your land if you had any. Loss of points wouldn't work easily without loss of land either since they are both connected.as for headquarters being left, a lot of players wouldn't have had HQ's so it wouldn't work fairly.
DevilsNipple
DevilsNipple
Real Gangster
Real Gangster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down